It is really important to me that you get the help you need so I produce online guided self-help courses. They are suitable for you if you are an adult and you don’t feel ready for one-to-one therapy or if you want to add to your understanding of yourself through home learning.
All the courses stand alone and work you through a step-by-step process, helping you use psychotherapy techniques to understand your feelings and work towards feeling better. Also, included with each course is hypnotherapy recordings that can support you on your journey.
Books and courses are not a substitute for individual personal therapy but they can be a great starting place or way of adding to your knowledge base, ideas and daily practices. See below for links to my courses and books.
Overcome Anxiety: Join The Anxiety Revolution
Overcome Anxiety: Join The Anxiety Revolution is a guided self-help course developed by Psychotherapists, Counsellors & Hypnotherapists Lyanne & Kirsten. They have condensed weeks of one-to-one client work into this powerful online course for anyone living with anxiety. If you want to understand how anxiety works, learn the techniques we use to help our clients overcome Anxiety & find ways to feel better that suit your personality, this course is for you.
Take step-by-step action towards living the life you want & overcoming your fears. You will learn how to:
- Identify the small steps you can take to start doing the things you’ve been avoiding
- Recognise how your behaviours can maintain anxiety
- Identify and use your values to motivate and guide you
- Relax using hypnosis
The Guilt-Free Guide to Motherhood is for pregnant women and those with a new baby who want to know what it is really like to be a first time mother. Drawing on in-depth interviews with more than twenty women, I explore the emotional and practical issues that we face as new mothers. Delving into the powerful and often conflicting feelings that we experience as we raise our children, The Guilt-Free Guide will help you let go of the impossible demands of modern motherhood and find your own path; one that suits both you and your child.
From pregnancy through to the early years of having a baby this book will help you to:
- Understand the emotional highs and lows of motherhood, some that are rarely talked about.
- Explore your own feelings, expectations and needs so that you can forge a life that works for you and your baby.
- Make decisions based on yourself and your family rather than the prescriptive social expectations of what a mother ‘should’ do.
- Understand that you don’t need to be the perfect mother, you just need to be yourself.
- Value yourself and your role as a mother.