It is really important to me that good information is available to anyone who wants it. As part of this I have produced short videos with a colleague, that can supply you with information and ideas. I have also written a book on motherhood for new mothers who want to understand the emotional experience of being a new mum.
Videos and books are not a substitute for individual personal therapy but they can be a great starting place or way of adding to your knowledge base, ideas and daily practices. See below for links to my courses and books.
The Guilt-Free Guide to Motherhood is for pregnant women and those with a new baby who want to know what it is really like to be a first time mother. Drawing on in-depth interviews with more than twenty women, I explore the emotional and practical issues that we face as new mothers. Delving into the powerful and often conflicting feelings that we experience as we raise our children, The Guilt-Free Guide will help you let go of the impossible demands of modern motherhood and find your own path; one that suits both you and your child.
From pregnancy through to the early years of having a baby this book will help you to:
- Understand the emotional highs and lows of motherhood, some that are rarely talked about.
- Explore your own feelings, expectations and needs so that you can forge a life that works for you and your baby.
- Make decisions based on yourself and your family rather than the prescriptive social expectations of what a mother ‘should’ do.
- Understand that you don’t need to be the perfect mother, you just need to be yourself.
- Value yourself and your role as a mother.